Sport Coventry’s ‘Team Phoenix’ Programme is a support network, to enhance the sporting experience of our Flagship Teams. Coventry University’s Sports Teams and Clubs have an annual opportunity to apply for extra support, above and beyond the experience they normally receive from CUSU’s Sport Coventry.
As well as receiving support, the programme also requires the Team Phoenix members to enhance, develop and improve their individual skills set. The Team Phoenix programme is targeted at those Teams or Clubs that are competing at the higher levels of the respective competitions.
Clubs involved in the programme have access to the following:
- Strength and Conditioning Sessions and programmes, specific to their Club’s sporting requirements.
- Sports Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Services.
- Athlete welfare support.
- Information on Social Media Platform Training.
- Agreed financial assistance.
- Inclusion within the Showcase Programme.
- Training Camps for team building, fitness testing and physically fundamental strength.
- Workshops to support athletes with Sports Nutrition, Sports Psychology, Active Recovery, Social Media activities, etc.
- A dedicated Performance Sports Mentor.
- Provision of a professional and qualified Head Coach.
Our Performance Sports Programme also has a pathway for Clubs that want to achieve Team Phoenix, but haven’t quite met all of the criteria required. We support these Clubs by offering a limited selection of the above benefits within the ‘Phoenix Academy’. It is the aim of these Clubs to progress into Team Phoenix when both CUSU and the Sports Club agree that criteria has been met.
Competition statistics for Team Phoenix (2016/17 season)
72-2-18 win-draw-loss ratios = 80% win rate