An Introduction to Musculoskeletal Imaging For Advanced Practice
About the Course
This is an interactive two day course aimed at Health Care Practitioners with limited or no radiology background who want to learn about requesting, and the basics of interpreting, musculoskeletal imaging.
The day will address common issues including:
- Spinal, upper limb, lower limb
- Requesting and looking at X-rays and MRIs
- Overview of other imaging techniques – CT, isotopic bone scan etc.
- Case study based teaching, orientation, normal, normal variants, pathological images
- Lectures by experienced/specialised ESPs
NB: this course does not replace your local IRMER training
Who should attend this course?
The course is aimed at Physiotherapists, ESPs, Nurses, Podiatrists and Health Care Practitioners working in musculoskeletal, orthopaedic and rheumatology fields.