Apprenticeships have changed for the better, giving you more control and greater opportunities to address the skills shortage in your sector. With widely reported skills shortages in construction, engineering, health care and management, Coventry University is offering apprenticeships in these sectors to support you. Reduce your future recruitment costs and gain an advantage over your competitors - now is the perfect time to develop your own talent.
Benefits for employers
In addition, employers can benefit in a number of ways from employing an apprentice. These include:
In addition to the financial incentives, Department for Education (DfE) data confirms that apprenticeships improve businesses in a number of ways:
DfE Apprenticeship Core Brief - November 2016)
- 71% of apprentices stay with the same employer upon completion of the apprenticeship
- Apprenticeships offer businesses and public sector organisations an opportunity to help build a pool of high-quality future recruits for their sector.
- 76% of employers say that productivity has improved.
- Apprenticeships boost productivity to businesses by on average £214 per week.
- 75% of employers report that apprenticeships improved the quality of their product or service.
Return on investment
- Learning and assignments are linked to the apprentices’ own work roles, so they are able to apply their growing skills and knowledge to the business as soon as the apprenticeship starts, giving return on investment from day one.
(Data taken from the DfE Apprenticeship Core Brief - November 2016)